Chase Elliott joins his daddy, Bill Elliott as a NASCAR champion. He was already NASCAR’s most popular driver now he is the CUP Champion too. At the final race in Phoenix he led the most laps, 153, after starting at the rear of the field.
Chase drives the Hendrick’s Motor Sports, number 9, NAPA Chevrolet (a few races with a Hooters, Mountain Dew, UniFirst, Kelley Blue Book sponsorship during the year).
This race was Chase’s teammate Jimmy Johnson’s last race of his full-time NASCAR career who has seven titles and a record five in a row from 2006-2010. Bill Elliott, my all-time favorite driver, known as Awesome Bill from Dawsonville,
won at Daytona twice, had a career of 44 wins, holds the qualifying speed record at Talladega 212.809 mph and Daytona 210.364 mph. Just like for Bill, they sound the siren at the Dawsonville Pool Room every time Chase goes to Victory Lane.
Chase Elliott was only 24 years old for this championship and I’ll be behind him, cheering him on through hopefully a lot more victories.
Chase Elliott’s 2020 Victories
- Alsco Uniforms 500, Charlotte Motor Speedway, May 28, 2020
- GoBowling 235, Daytona International Speedway Road Course, Aug. 16, 2020
- Bank of America Roval 400, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Oct. 11, 2020
- Xfinity 500, Martinsville Speedway, Nov. 1, 2020
- Season Finale 500, Phoenix Raceway, Nov. 8, 2020
I just never would have thought that this year would have gone like it has…. I mean, NASCAR Cup Series champion, are you kidding me? Unreal.Chase Elliott